Why working with us
We’re an Italian Design and Manufacturing firm involved in Motorsport, Aerospace, Defence, and Railway. Our main expertise in on Composite Materials, but we manage a variety of technologies and materials to help our customers getting everything they need.
While the company is well established and active for over 20 years, the people working here is <35 years old on average, and we are growing pretty rapidly!
If you are looking for a stimulating start for your career, in an organization involved in some of the most exciting industries, based in the heart of Italy’s best region for Food and Living, you should look deeply into our Openings!
But if the main priorities in your life are inherent security and the ability to plan things months ahead, please stop reading this now and spend your time doing something else.
Here you’ll find and we expect a sense of truthfulness (towards oneself and each other), being demanding, as well as an innate spirit of curiosity.
Composites Manufacturing Engineer
We’re seeking a talented Composites Manufacturing Engineer to help us support our Manufacturing organization and define our future products/technologies. We expect you to have experience in both manufacturing and design.
We’re looking for candidates who have proven expertise in creating well-designed composites components and/or technologies throughout their Academic career.
Want more details?
Throughout the product design lifecycle, you will:
• Be responsible for all tasks pertaining to realization of parts and products in coordination with all other departments within the company including:
– manufacturing instruction creation
– BOM creation/ maintenance
– ERP product structure, MRB experience
– FAI and root cause investigations related to composites processing
• Create Engineering reports and presentations
• Create internal composite specifications and procedures
• Make and approve Drawings, Manufacturing Aides, and Engineering Orders.
• Customer requirement and specification review.
• Implement process improvements to reduce costs and cycle times.
• Communicate changes and deviations to manufacturing by releasing revisions, red – lines and Engineering Orders.
• Coordinate with Quality Assurance to assist in first article inspections.
• Interface with customers on technical and program related matters.
• Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
Our Ideal Candidate has:
• A bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or PhD in engineering
• Knowledge of advanced composites production operations, applicable tooling conceptualization and design, competency with 3-D modeling or CAD software programs (CATIA preferred), tooling fabrication, machining operations, quality control procedures, and the ability to work extended hours as required
• Knowledge of GD&T and common drawing practices
• BOM and ERP experience
• A strong knowledge of the English language (TOEFL IBT>100+ or IELTS>6.5)
• Specialization in both design and manufacturing
• On the design side, you’re familiar with things like:
– What Tooling means, what a Master Model is, what a Mold is;
– Dealing with Rules and Technical Specifications;
• On the manufacturing side, you’re familiar with things like:
– Design for Composites manufacturing processes
– Other manufacturing methods, including; CNC machining (as either primary or secondary ops process); compression molding, RTM, 3D Printing; etc.
– Finishing techniques (painting, coatings)
– Assembly strategies (threaded inserts, adhesives, and so forth)
• A valid permission for working in the European Union
• The ability to speak basic Italian
Bonus Points for:
• Formula SAE experience
• Being awesome at 3D modelling
• Being familiar with CATIA and its CPD
• Being very precise and devoted to details
• A strong aptitude for Team-working and Problem Solving
• Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
• Academic or working experiences in a foreign country
Why you should work here:
• We’ll trust you to do things right
• Nobody will ever tell you “because we always did so”
• You’ll work with other young and talented people
• You’d be getting in a company going through a stable and organic growth
We may not have “exactly” the right position ready for you now, you can (and should) still send us your CV if you are excited by the prospect of working for Bercella.