Bercella srl is a company based in Varano Melegari (PR) that designs and produces components in composite materials for the Aerospace, Defense, and Motorsport sectors.
We are looking for a Senior Stress Engineer who is in charge of carrying out the structural design of components in composite materials, carrying out sizing and checks of the parts and supporting the other company departments, starting from the preliminary commercial analysis phase up to the definition of the products. The resource will have to support the company in the creation of the calculations department, coordinating and training junior figures. He/she will be responsible for coordinating the structural design activities of the various orders, guiding the study of the parts, the correct drafting of the technical documentation necessary for the production, and compliance with the established deadlines.
- Organize and supervise the product design activity, from the definition of the 3D parts to the selection of the most suitable calculation methods;
- Estimate, set up and supervise the structural design of components, taking into consideration the constraints linked to the production of components in composite materials (Design for Manufacturing);
- Coordinate the structural design teams, acting as a focal point for technical and organizational decisions;
- Manage the technical documentation in all its aspects (SOPs, Manuals, Reports, etc.);
- Evaluate the requests and draw up the corresponding estimates, making design calculations and economic estimates;
- Validate projects, procedures and documents;
- Monitor and track project variables, intervening in order to strictly comply with agreements with customers.
Requirements and necessary skills
- Excellent knowledge of FEM analysis techniques and structural calculations (Altair Hyperworks and / or Nastran-Femap);
- Excellent knowledge of composite materials;
- Clear and effective reporting skills;
- Fluency in English;
- Problem solving orientation;
- Orientation to excellence;
- Relational skills also towards the external interlocutor;
- Teamworking skills;
- Good communicator.
Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
4-7 Years in the Aerospace, Automotive, Defense or similar sector
Contract and remuneration
Permanent contract; classification and remuneration according to the candidate’s experience.
This announcement is addressed to both sexes, pursuant to laws 903/77 and 125/91, and to people of all ages and all nationalities, pursuant to legislative decrees 215/03 and 216/03.