LIFE is 30!
The LIFE programme 2021-2027 is the only EU funding programme entirely dedicated to environmental, climate and energy objectives. It contributes to the shift towards a clean, circular, energy efficient, climate-neutral and climate-resilient economy, including through the transition to clean energy, to protect and improve the quality of the environment. To date, LIFE has co-financed more than 5,000 projects.
In terms of specific objectives, the programme seeks to develop, demonstrate and promote innovative techniques, methods and approaches to reach EU environmental and climate goals. It also supports the development, implementation, monitoring and enforcement of relevant Union legislation and policy, including by improving governance at all levels. Moreover, the programme aims to act as a catalyst for the large-scale deployment of successful technical and policy-related solutions by integrating related objectives into other policies and into public and private sector practices, by mobilising investment and by improving access to finance.
ZeroWasteLIFE enters this landscape aiming to improve sustainability in composites manufacturing, among others.
Lines of Exploitation
1st line – Y1 to Y2
- Internal parts manufacture improved capacity
- 2 to 3 M€ Forecast advantages combining Turnover and Quality increase and reduced Costs
- Visibility through Project Dissemination channels
2nd line – Y3 to Y5
Active engagement of Composite manufactures to become customers of ZeroWasteLIFE methodology:
- >3,5 M€ Forecast Turnover increase from finished products selling & reduced costs
- >3,5 M€ Forecast Turnover increase from licenses and services
- Word-of-mouth and continuous visibility for the zero-waste new concept
3rd line – beyond Y5
- Widest Market Access due to products and parts successfully accepted
- Multiplication through Licensing and Third Party
- >35 M€ Forecast Turnover increase (products and services) and reduced costs
- 5 to 10 M€ Forecast Turnover from Licenses
- Visibility through Global access Knowledge and market channels
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Programme for Environment and Climate Action (LIFE) under grant agreement N°101114149. Views and opinions expressed are however those of the author(s) only and do not necessarily reflect those of European Union or CINEA. Neither the European Union nor the granting authority can be held responsible for them.